Pages

Friday, March 8, 2013

Meeting with a Wizard

Tuesday (the 5th) was an awesome day.
I went out to the Johns Hopkins Barnes & Noble, in Baltimore, to meet one of the greatest fantasy writers of our time, R.A. Salvatore. It was extremely exciting to listen to him talk about his books. I am really looking forward to reading The Companions, which is the first book of a six part collaboration series called The Sundering. He also mentioned that he will also be releasing two books every year for the next three years. He went into detail about how he started writing, and how his relationship with his most iconic character, Drizzt Do'Urden, began.

One thing I was very happy to hear him talk about was his involvement with how the Realms will be changing with the next edition of Dungeons & Dragons. Also that he is an avid table top gamer much like myself, but he likes to keep his writing and his gaming separate. He did mention a hilarious story of how he did try to play Drizzt in a campaign and was killed in the first battle.

It was truly an amazing experience being able to meet him. I really enjoyed that he spent the whole discussion time just answering questions. Just by hearing him and talking with him you could easily tell he really loves his fans.

His new book The Last Threshold, the last book in his Neverwinter saga, is out now so I say go pick it up, along with the other books in the series. The saga is a prequel to the new MMORPG that will be coming out so look forward to that, I know I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment