Pages

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Good Reads

I went out over the weekend and found myself at a Barnes & Noble, looking through the sci-fi/fantasy section first, as is my custom, I had a great find, a new series from a favorite author. While I was there I thought to skim the young adult section to see if anything popped out at me, I don't really care about target audiences, and low and behold I found the new book from the on going series I have been reading.

From Brent Weeks, author of one of the fastest and best selling fantasy series Night Angel, comes The Black Prism the first book in a new series. "Guile is the Prism, the most powerful man in the world. He is high priest and emperor, a man whose power, wit, and charm are all that preserve a tenuous peace."

I am really looking forward to reading this, as Brent Weeks has become a favorite author of mine, almost over night, ever since I read his first trilogy, Night Angel, I was taken in by his writing style, and his attention to details that paint a picture in your mind but still gives you the reigns to imagination. I highly recommend reading his works.

From Rick Riordan comes The Mark of Athena, the third book in The Heroes of Olympus series, which follows almost immediately after the events in the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. This story follows Percy and six demigod friends as they race against time to thwart Gaea and her giant offspring rising again, and fight a bunch of other monsters along the way.

Riordan really loves mythology from all sources, he has another series that is based in Egyptian myth, and he does his research on everything he writes about. Though the book is intended for a younger audience then I, it is still a good read and I suggest taking a look at this and other works by Rick Riordan

No comments:

Post a Comment