Pages

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Iron Man 3


Warning this post may contain a few spoilers, just so you know.

I was able to make it to opening night of Iron Man 3, and I had a great time. Iron Man is not really my favorite of superheroes, but I have a passion for any heroes or heroins. The first Iron Man did an excellent job of introducing the characters and establishing their backgrounds. The second had a lot going on, and seemed too cramped. What with Tony being taken to court for his armor, Tony slowly dying from his battery poisoning his blood, and mixing in some S.H.I.E.L.D activity to make way for the Avengers. It was just a lot of different stories going on for one movie.

Three takes place after the events in The Avengers, and Tony is apparently having anxiety attacks when ever someone talks to him about what happened in the portal. Then in comes The Mandarin seeming to antagonize Tony, not directly, with attacks across America. Tony then threatens him, telling him he is dead and goes as far as to mock him by giving him his address. This is followed by Tony's mansion being blown up and he goes on the run.

I found the movie to be entertaining, Robert Downey Jr. continues to play the snarky Tony Stark perfectly. There are scenes where he is interacting with a young boy, and the dialog is priceless. I do not want to ruin that for anyone, you have to see it for yourself. There is not much with the film I was not happy with, it had action, plot twists, and a lot more comedy than the other films. Some people might have a problem with that, but if I am laughing, even through an action film, I am enjoying myself. I say the movie was great, go see the beginning of Marvel's phase two of superhero films. And remember to stay for the end of the credits, I know they are long, but you will be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment